On March 29th, Procter & Gamble’s Olay unveiled a new campaign urging women across the globe to find “Your Best Beautiful”. I personally loved the idea behind the campaign. As a woman, we are constantly bombarded with unrealistic beauty standards. From fashion industry to media, the society’s definition of modern day beautiful has set limits which needs to be re-defined.
Among the highlights of the Olay event were the interactive sessions with the beauty experts including Olay Global Ambassador Facialist Anastasia Achilleos, Olay Beauty Expert Samira Olfat, Olay Regional Dermatologist Dr. Dina Sabih and Principal Scientist David Khoo.
I must admit, the science behind Olay’s Research & Development was really impressive. With my pharmacy and research background, I was beyond thrilled to attend the presentation by Khoo, as he revealed the results of the Multi-Decade and Ethnicity (MDE) study.
|David Khoo, as he presents the results of MDE study|
The main takeaway points from the study were:
- There are notable similarities among women who have not undergone cosmetic procedures but still appear to be “ageless”. Through advanced bioinformatics analysis of approximately 20,000 genes, Olay identified a unique skin fingerprint among these “exceptional skin agers” comprised of around 2000 genes. The MDE study found that although we all have these genes in our skin, how strongly these genes are expressed in the skin is distinct in “exceptional skin agers”.
- There are distinct gene expression “tipping points” that occur in each decade as we age, which can help indicate how we can prevent skin-aging.
Decline in antioxidant response (20’s)
Decline in skin bioenergy (30’s)
Increase in cellular senescence, or irreversible growth arrest (40’s)
Decline in skin barrier function (50’s)
Acceleration of all the above (60’s)
The celebrity facialist, Anastasia Achilleos also shared her easy 3-step massage routine which can be used in your morning skincare routine and I’m very happy to share it with you all!
STEP 1 – CLEANSE
Using warm water and a quality cleanser, cleanse your face, neck and décolleté. Clean skin will be awake and ready for your anti-ageing skincare routine.
STEP 2 – PREPARE
Take the Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Firming Serum and pump four pumps into the palms of your hands. Warm the product in your palms, to ignite heat before even reaching your skin.
* Movement 1: The first movement is great for kick starting your skins metabolism in preparation for the facial massage. Place palm on sternum, glide with pressure over shoulder and neck moving from the lower neck in upward movements towards the jaw line.
* Movement 2: Fan out from the chin along the cheek bones to the ears, activating pressure points at the corner of the mouth, sides of the nose and under cheek bones.
* Movement 3: Drain outwards lifting chin to temple
* Movement 4: Press palms over the face to create heat and aide penetration
STEP 3 – MOISTURISE
Finally, take your Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Cream. Apply it starting with your face, smooth the cream over your cheeks, jawline and forehead. Move the excess cream down your neck, onto your shoulders.
* Movement 5: Using two fingers on both hands move around the eyes in a fluid figure of 8 movement around eyes starting from outer edge gliding upwards and over eyebrow finishing at the outer edge of opposite eye
* Movement 6: Focus on eyes and start tapping moving to the entire face slowly for one final skin energy boost.
Do you have any comments, or would you like to get in touch? Feel free to drop me a comment below! 🙂