Filorga unveils an exclusive makeup range in a soft launch this Tuesday. For the uninitiated, the super-luxe French dermo-cosmetic brand is best known for its long expertise in aesthetic medicine and its ground-breaking nanotechnology – a unique concept that allows the formulation to penetrate the skin beyond the epidermis. Read more on Filorga Flash Nude makeup below.
The newly launched multi-tasking skincare/makeup hybrids, helps you look good while taking care of your skin, in a way that resonates well with modern women.
If you are someone who has adopted the ‘less-is-more makeup philosophy’ – then the latest releases from Filorga are right up your alley. Infused with light-reflecting pigments and skin-boosting properties, the Flash-Nude [Fluid] possess long-term anti-aging powers that subtly evens out the tone, colour corrects, cares for and protects your skin, all at one time.
Filorga Flash Nude Foundation
The light-weight fluid texture settles into your skin quickly and allows a buildable, sheer custom coverage. The Filorga Flash Nude Foundation comes with the added benefits of hyaluronic acid – it hydrates and firms the skin, the niacinamide helps improve the skin’s barrier function, protecting it from environmental stresses. The hexylresorcinol + anti-glycan peptide complex on the other hand, helps to restore skin elasticity.
And to top it off, it also includes an SPF 30 . So with this, we have a fluid, long-wear liquid foundation with a real-skin naturally flawless finish, perfect for the Dubai’s blazing summers.
At present, the foundation is available in three shades:
- # 00 Nude Ivory
- # 01 Nude Beige
- # 02 Nude Gold
In terms of colour, nude ivory is very light, nude beige is moderate in intensity, and nude gold, which is the darkest shade among the three. I’m currently using nude beige. The fluid foundation costs about AED 260/, but in my opinion, considering the line up of ingredients and actual performance on the skin, it is certainly worth the money!
They have launched this foundation alongside two makeup perfecting primers.
- Pore-Express is a mattifying primer that instantly blurs pores, mattifies and hides imperfections. It reduces the number and size of pores over a long period and is perfect for combination to oily skin types. It also contains niacinamide which protects against ultraviolet radiation-induced skin damage and limits the formation of new blemishes.
- Filorga Time-Flash Express Smoothing Active Primer is a smoothing base of double action with immediate and durable effects on the skin. Firstly, it helps tighten the skin to instantly smooth fine lines. It also acts via blurring agents to refine the pores and the skin texture. And lastly, a combination of 4 active ingredients (skin relaxing hexapeptide, collagen booster, peel-like active ingredient, hyaluronic acid booster) acts on all types of wrinkles (contraction, sagging, surface, drying) for lasting smoother skin.
It’s too early to validate or refute these long-term claims, but at at this point since I have just tested it at the event, I have nothing but good things to say about it.
Filorga Flash Nude Powder
Next up, is the Filorga Flash Nude Powder. This translucent powder has the following care ingredients: micro-silica, hyaluronic acid, marine exopolysaccharide [EPS], sunflower extract and moringa seed proteins.
Actives and action on the skin:
- The ultra-regenerating marine exopolysaccharide (EPS) acts as a skin lifting agent, resulting in smoother skin texture, tightens the pores and offers a more evened out skin tone.
- The botanical complex of Sunflower and Tara Tannins provides a powerful antioxidant effect, protecting the skin cells by reducing the presence and effects of free radicals that are induced by infrared and blue light.
- Moringa seed proteins from the “Tree of Life” act as a protective film to limit the adhesion of pollution particles.
The Flash-Nude powder [AED 280] has a breathable, ultra-fine, silky texture with an instant, flawless, bare-skin finish. It can be applied very thinly using a powder brush.
The powder works great in combination with the fluid and it mattifies the skin. The primer and the powder are more suitable for combination to oily skin, whereas, on the other hand, the fluid foundation can adapt on all types of skin.
I am a huge Filorga fan, as you can tell from my past reviews on this brand, but I’ve tried to keep my review as clear and concise for you, and not let my personal opinion on the brand influence your judgement.
I hope you have enjoyed this new feature – let me know your thoughts in the comments below.