Today, I’ll take you through all Sephora 2019 beauty releases. This skincare edition article will highlight all the new launches from brands like Glamglow to Pixi Beauty, Sephora collection and more.
Sephora 2019 Beauty Releases
New GOOD IN BED™ Passionfruit Skin Softening Cream
Cationic emulsions and its potential use in skin care have attracted increased interest during the last few years. For the uniniated, cationics are positively charged surfactant molecules. Skin care formulations with high emollient loadings benefit from cationic surfactants used as oil-in-water emulsifiers in order to improve the stability and aesthetics of these high oil content formulations.
The new night cream is powered by cationic technology. The formulation carries a positive charge, while skin is naturally negatively charged at physiological pH. In nature, the interaction of positively charged molecules with skin’s surfaces contribute to surface improvements, such as smoothness, softness and increased manageability.
In addition, the main actives such as Passion Fruit Oil and squalene help to nourish the skin, while a gentle blend of AHA, BHA and PHA acids work to exfoliate the top layers of the skin. There are no details available on the types of fruit acids and their respective percentages, but I’ll try to reach out the marketing team and inquire more about the specifics to share it with you all. All in all, this appears to be one of Glamglow’s best formulations so far, and it would be interesting to note how it fares on the skin precisely.
Sephora is always a step ahead when it comes to innovative skin care technologies and closely follows the masking trends inspired by Korean cosmetics.
- Anti Blemish Patches — a pack of anti-imperfection patches that is enriched with salicylic acid. These tiny patches help to soothe skin redness and minimize imperfections in less than 8 hours. Priced at AED 15.
- The Bubble Mask — a sheet mask characterized by a formula that combines the purifying action of Spirulina (that detoxifies the skin) together with the bubble-effect upon contact with skin surface. Available at all Sephora branches for AED 35.
- Rubber Masks — colored powder formula that is prepared once mixed in with water directly inside its own little mixing pot. After mixing, you will end up with a rubber-like paste mask to be applied to your face and left on for five to ten minutes. Available in four different variants and priced at AED 30 per pack.
We are so excited that the Retinol Tonic has finally hit the shelves! New to the family of Pixi tonics, this contains an encapsulated form of retinol that works gently on the skin. If you want to read more on the benefits of retinols, you can follow this link here.
Here’s how you can use the different Pixi tonics in your skin care routine:
- Glow Tonic + Rose Tonic – can use either in the morning or at night. Use Glow first, and follow it up with rose tonic.
- Retinol Tonic + Rose Tonic – use only at night.
- Avoid using Retinol + Glow Tonic together.
I hope you all have enjoyed this post. Feel free to drop me your comments and feedback below.